Cannabidiol, popular as CBD, has become everyone’s favorite. It is an active medicinal compound found in the cannabis plants, which is a natural remedy to various health-related issues. CBD is effective in curing body pain, sore muscle, stress, and anxiety. CBD possesses anti-aging and anti-oxidant properties, which help in keeping your skin healthy, moisturized glowing, and young. Unlike THC, CBD is a non-psychoactive compound and hence it is legal in many U.S states.
The increasing demand for CBD has led to various innovations in the CBD industry. You will find different varieties of CBD products such as CBD gummies, CBD capsules, CBD tinctures, CBD isolates, CBD bath bombs and soaps, CBD topicals, CBD vape oil, etc. To get the best and certified CBD products, do visit the JustCBD store. This store has years of experience in the production and distribution of CBD products. They sell their products all over the world. It is a leading brand in the CBD industry.
There are different methods of consuming CBD. Some like via sublingual while some like to vape CBD oil. Many people take CBD oil by adding it to their food and drinks. However, you need to understand which method offers the highest bioavailability. What is Bioavailability?
Meaning of Bioavailability
The term bioavailability means the amount of drug or any other substances ingests into the bloodstream.
Importance of CBD Bioavailability
We often hear the word CBD bioavailability and wonder why it is so important. Let us understand the importance of CBD bioavailability:
- CBD bioavailability means the percentage of CBD that our body cells absorb.
- CBD bioavailability is important because higher bioavailability means better and effective absorption and usage of the compound by our body.
- Apart from this, other factors such as how much cannabinoids and terpenes are present in the product, the level of THC, etc., are also important to notice.
Which CBD Consumption Method Offers Higher Bioavailability
- There are various methods of consuming CBD such as edibles, oil drops, vapes, topicals, and injections.
- Among all, injecting CBD offers 100% bioavailability.
- However, this method is very inconvenient, as nobody would like to stick a needle every time we want to dose CBD.
- Vaping CBD is another best method that offers high bioavailability compared to others.
- Consuming CBD oil in the form of drops by placing it beneath your tongue may also provide higher bioavailability than CBD edibles but less than vaping.
How Vaping Offers Higher Bioavailability?
- Vaping is one of the popular methods of consuming CBD. Vaping is the process of inhaling CBD directly into your lungs using a vaporizer.
- When you consume CBD orally, its compounds process through your digestive system. It passes from your stomach to the liver and then into your bloodstream. This leads to lower bioavailability, as the compound left behind is very less for the body cells to absorb.
- However, this is not the case when you vape because the CBD reaches your bloodstream directly as you inhale without going through your bloodstream and therefore, vaping provides higher bioavailability.
CBD, due to its safe and non-addictive nature, is an amazing substitute for various harmful drugs. Therefore, CBD bioavailability is very crucial for enjoying more benefits of CBD.